August 2 to 20, 2023
We call on Propeller Members & their invited artist friends and colleagues to submit art in any medium for our 17th Salon exhibition to be held August 2 – 20, 2023.
Propeller has been empowering artists since 1996 and our annual Salon exhibition continues to be a highlight of the year’s events.
Salon 17 will celebrate Propeller’s 27 years of supporting and exhibiting our Member’s and community artwork and will fill the gallery walls in a salon-style exhibition!
Thank you for submitting to our Call for Works.
By submitting, you agree to the following:
- Submission deadline: Friday, June 30, 11:59 pm
- Notification Emails: All artists will receive an email of acceptance or rejection on July 3rd. If you don’t receive an email please check your spam folder.
- Intake: Sunday, July 30, 6 – 8 pm / Monday, July 31, 10 – 12 noon * Unwrap and take home packaging.
- Exhibition Dates: August 2 – 20, 2023. Accepted works must hang for the full duration of the exhibition.
- Opening Reception: Thursday, August 3rd, 5 – 9 pm
- Artist Talks: Sunday, August 20, 3 – 5 pm
- Gallery Pickup: Unsold work(s) must be picked up on Sunday, August 20 between 5:30 – 7 pm. We do not have room to store unsold artwork.
- Non-members: 30% commission will be collected on any work sold.
- Members of Propeller: 20% commission will be collected for any work sold.
Artwork may be purchased in the gallery or from our secure online store. Shipping fees are not included in the price of the artwork. Buyers can pick up artwork from the Gallery at the end of the exhibition or pay shipping fees.
Selection of Works:
Due to space, a maximum width of 36” is recommended. Submissions of larger works may be considered if there is space.
We reserve the right to reject those works that fail to embody the submission requirements and the professional standards of Propeller Art Gallery.
Mailing of Works:
- Artists are responsible for mailing costs to and from Propeller Gallery.
- Mailed artwork must include a self-addressed label and pre-paid postage for the return of unsold work.
- Propeller reserves the right to charge a $20 handling fee.
Terms and Conditions:
Non-refundable Entry Fee*
- Non-members: $40 + HST to submit one work / $80 +HST to submit two works / $120 +HST to submit three works
- Propeller members: $32 + HST to submit one work / $64 +HST to submit two works / $96 +HST to submit three works
*Propeller is a non-profit artist collective. Entry fees are necessary to pay the gallery’s rent. If the fee is prohibitive, please contact the Gallery Director to request financial assistance.
Exclusive until October 1st, 2023
Artworks listed for sale must be exclusive to Propeller for 60 days—the duration of the exhibition and the extended online shop period. Artists can elect to have works marked Not for Sale (NFS) at the beginning of the exhibition. If any work listed for sale is sold during the 60-day period, whether through Propeller or independently by the artist, the commission must be paid to Propeller. If the work sells from the online shop after the physical show comes down, the artist will be contacted and will be responsible for shipping the work to the collector.
Propeller is free to use your submission material, without compensation, in any social media posting and catalogue publication of this exhibition.
Propeller Art Gallery shall not be liable for any loss, damage or deterioration of artworks at any time, while in our possession. We will notify the artist of any damage or deterioration to the work that we notice. Adequate insurance of the artworks while in the possession of Propeller Art Gallery is the responsibility of the Artist.
Organized by Jacques Descoteaux & Tom Taylor
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 30, 11:59 pm
Please complete this online form to submit your work
If you encounter any problems submitting, please email email@example.com
Please use proper capitalization. Do not turn on cap locks. Do not use ” symbols in fields. This will save organizers considerable time when we are creating the online gallery, shop, and catalogue. Thank you!
We encourage you to submit an installation photo of your artwork.