Call for Submissions: Mail Art: unlimited Dada
Deadline: Dec, 15th (postmarked and online submission form)
Mail Art: unlimited Dada: January 20 through February 7, 2021
Mail Art: unlimited Dada
COVID-19 has created crisis and instability across the world. During this volatile time, with most of us stuck in place, the mail offers us metaphorical transport out of our immediate physical spaces. Mail can travel while we cannot.
In response, Propeller Art Gallery is creating an open call Mail Art Exhibition in January with all works available for sale unless otherwise noted by the artist.
This creative outlet for the community will serve as a physical artefact of the time we are living through and recognises that, while many of our interactions have moved to the virtual realm, there is also increased interest in making things by hand.
- You are invited to make a piece of mail art, art that can travel through the mail with a stamp. No glass, no large packages, no padded envelopes.
- If you wish your work returned, send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
- Be conscious of weight, the materials you use, and how you will mail your piece. You are free to use any medium you choose while being conscious of the limitations and parameters. Visual art, text art or, a combination of the two are most welcome. Textile media, wood, collage, anything that will mail, is received in the spirit of ephemera and experimentation.
- Work must be mailed and postmarked by December 15, 2020.
- Only mailed submissions are accepted, no physical drop off.
- If you wish the back as well as the front of your artwork shown in the e-catalogue and online show, please include photos of both front and back views of each image.
Please complete this online form to submit your Mail Art to Mail Art: unlimited Dada
Please use proper capitalization. Do not turn on cap locks. Do not use ” symbols in fields.
- Exhibition dates: January 20- February 7, 2021
- Deadline: artwork postmarked Dec. 15, 2020
- Online submission deadline: Dec. 15th, 2020
Propeller Gallery 30 Abell Street, Toronto, ON M6J 0A9
25% commission will be collected on any work sold as a result of this exhibition for non-members, 20% commission will be collected for any work sold for Propeller members. HST will also be applied to the sales price. All works are for sale unless otherwise noted by the artist.
How your submission will be used
This is a three-week physical exhibition of the work. There will be an online digital catalogue that you will be able to download as a record and documentation of these works. There is a concurrent online exhibition of the show as well.